Stress has become an inseparable part of our modern lives. There is no way we escape stress while we keep living the materialistic dream. However, as more and more people discover Yoga, we all move collectively closer to that one supreme spiritual entity and fill the void of our lives with a strong supreme energy that makes us human again.
If you too are someone who is living a typical corporate urban life of a nine to six work hours and you too are looking for some sort of rejuvenation and refreshment, not just from stress but also from that existential dilemma, we highly recommend you a good yoga retreat to cleanse your body and soul.
Here are some of the most well-known retreats from all over the world that provide different types of Yoga styles.
1) Anamaya Resort: This resort is located in the pristine tropical wilderness of Costa Rican forests and is an ideal place to rejuvenate and detoxify your body and soul. If you are looking for a vegetarian retreat, this is the place where you can find one hundred percent vegetarian food. The most remarkable thing about this place is that it is also a surfer’s retreat where you can enjoy some surfing lessons. In fact, surfing is treated as a separate activity and as a part and parcel of this wholesome experience.
From 4th November to 11th of November, they have workshops by Danny and Marianne. From 11th November to 2nd December, Banyan Gallagher takes over and will provide a 200-hour training for 3 weeks and from 2nd December to 9th December, he will continue with Acro Yoga
2) Sagrada Wellness: This one is based in Central Coast, California and follows the Ashtanga tradition of Yoga. It entails different hobbies and styles such as Yoga and wine, warrior’s retreat and yoga with mindfulness, focused in quiet environs.
The later schedules take place from 16th Feb to 19th Feb 2018 and from 29th March to 1st April 2018.
So if you have been specifically looking for Yoga retreats in California, you should prefer this one.
3) Munkudil Ayurveda Retreat: If you are looking for a yoga retreat in India, this is where you are supposed to be. Located near Munnar in Kerala and is one of the most sought-after yoga destinations in India. Also, if you are specifically looking for a yoga retreat that combines Ayurveda, this is where you should come. The yoga retreat is fully packed in October. So if you want to start out, you will have to book for November and December.
4) Bikram Hot Yoga Fremont: This is another retreat in California if you are keenly interested in “hot yoga” or Bikram Yoga which is one of the most well-known and preferred methods of Yoga. Here, the schedules are open all the time. All you have to do is to visit their office 20 minutes prior with a valid ID and start with the classes.
5) Casa Om: If you are very keen on Hatha Yoga, this is where you have to be. Located near Cancun in Mexico, Casa Om has defined itself to be a staunch follower of the Hatha Yoga tradition. If you are looking to book your own Yoga program at Casa Om, you should book for December 30th 2017 to 6th January 2018.
6) Hiyoga Center: This one is another Yoga retreat in India that is dedicated to the Iyengar Yoga tradition. It has centers in Goa, Dharamkot and Dharamsala in India. It includes 5-day yoga courses plus accommodation and you have to pay accordingly. They are having their various yoga program on 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd October, all in Dharamkot and Dharamsala and the November plans are filled for Goa.
7) Adittatva Retreat: This retreat is based in Rishikesh in India and follows the Kundalini tradition of yoga. It is going to be conducted from 21st October 2017 to 30th October 2017, a ten-day yoga camp where you can rejuvenate and evoke your Kundalini Chakra.
8) Floating Leaf Eco Retreat: If you are keen on going to South East Asia, this one is for you. It follows the Vinayasa tradition of yoga. They have a program called ‘Path to Happiness’ in the month of October and you need to book in advance to avail it.
9) Exotic Yoga Retreat: This is another gem from South East Asia, located in Kho Samui in Thailand. This is more of a couple’s retreat as they follow the Tantric ritual for Yoga and help you rebuild your intimacy. Next program is from 5th November 2017 to 13th November 2017.
10) Yandara Yoga Institute: Yin yoga has been making waves for long and this is where you should be between 10th November and 20th November. This one is located in Hawaii, which is even better if you are looking for an abode to relax.